Skip Navigation


NRCS offers easement programs to landowners who want to maintain or enhance their land in a way beneficial to agriculture and/or the environment. All NRCS easement programs are voluntary. We provide technical help and financial assistance, but local landowners and organizations are needed to make NRCS easement programs successful.

Our easement programs include the following:

Healthy grassland The Agricultural Conservation Easement Program (ACEP) provides financial and technical assistance to help conserve agricultural lands and wetlands and their related benefits.
CRP land in Kansas The Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) is administered by the Farm Service Agency with NRCS providing technical land eligibility determinations, conservation planning, and practice implementation.

Farm Bill 2008—Archive